March 12, 2007

I Am a Man of Constant Sorrows

I am now one of the world's multitude of dislocated persons. I have been uprooted from my comfortable office in Dobson and forced into exile in the strange and ugly city of Mount Airy. It has all been done, I am told, for the betterment of our fatherland: The Corporate and Continuing Education Division!

Actually, I like my new digs, but I must put forth the obligatory complaining and whining.

My office is now in the Workforce Development Center of Surry Community College at 1220 Rockford Street, Mount Airy, NC 27030. Please write your sympathies on the back of a twenty dollar bill and send it to my attention at that address.

Also, for those who do not know, I was recently chosen in a very apathetic election to be the Chairman of the Surry County Republican Party for the next two years. By acclamation, no less! I would like to thank all my many supporters who attended the county convention, but next time, maybe if you came in different cars it would look more impressive.

One last bit of disconnected news: On Saturday, March 17, 2007, the Young Women organization at my church will be holding its annual auction to raise funds for Young Women's Camp (we used to call it Girls' Camp). Again, the poor disillusioned little things have asked me to be the auctioneer. So come on out and buy something. Or, better yet, if you know any good jokes I can use between selling items, let me know right away.

FLASH! I understand Anna Nicole Smith is still dead.

1 comment:

Chris Harris said...

i like the new look.